Re: Fetchmail Problems with Retrieving Mail

On 01/13/02 00:38:08 -0800, Brian Nelson wrote:
> Setup a system-wide /etc/fetchmailrc file.  See the stuff at the top of
> /etc/init.d/fetchmail.

I saw the instructions there and placed a system-wide config file
under /etc, but it didn't look like it was working. There was no
feedback when I started|stopped|restarted the service. I decided to
remove the file and continue to use the previous fetchmail retrieval
methods. I'll give it another shot now that I the problem with
retrieval solved (to a degree).

> It's probably a problem with yahoo.  Use a real email account.

It sounds like that's the case. You may be right, but I haven't moved
my account over from my Windows box yet as I receive a ton of stuff
from friends|family|work that require me to use Windows to view|use
them. I may just flip-flop accounts when I get moved from the @home
network to my ISP's new network, which involves an email change.

Thanks!
--
  Mark Wagnon <mark_wagnon@yahoo.com>