Re: evolution / uw-imapd-ssl woes

On 13 Jan 2002, Forrest L Norvell wrote:

> The only real problem at this point is getting Evolution and imapd-ssl
> to talk to each other. I have SSL enabled between Evolution and the IMAP
> server. After a lot of head-bonking, I figured out that setting the
> namespace to "Mail" would allow me to subscribe from the various mail
> folders I have stored under ~/Mail without all the other detritus under
> my home directory. I can even get a listing of subject lines in the
> subscribed folders.

Ok, this is good because it means the basic IMAP connection is working and
the maildirs are being read correctly.

> However, when I click on a message, I get the error
> text, "Error while 'Retrieving message 1638': Could not find message
> body in FETCH response." Sometimes I'll get a message that says "BAD
> Bogus sequence in UID FETCH" instead.
>
> Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Does /var/log/mail.log tell you anything?  It may not but it is always the
first thing to check.

Do you have files called .uidvalidity in your maildirs?  Does blowing them
away and letting them be recreated by the next imap access do anything for
you?

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>