Re: Plip problems: do I need NFS server?

On 25 Dec 2001, Michael Heldebrant wrote:

> That's troubling.  What are the error messages when you try and install
> the packages on the laptop?

[snip]

Thank you.

During the setting up of nfs-kernel-server, the process gets as far as
	Starting NFS kernel daemon: nfsd

and then hangs. I have to kill it with Ctrl-C. On repeating the
installation, it gets as far as
	Starting NFS kernel daemon: nfsd mountd
and then says:
	Cannot register service:RPC: unable to send; errno = Invalid
	Argument

When I reboot, I see messages:
	RPC: sendmsg returned error 101
	portmap: RPC call returned error 101

A check with dpkg -s shows that nfs-kernel-server is installed ok but I
have no idea what the above error messages mean or what I am supposed to
to about them.

Anthony
--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux GNU/Debian (Windows-free zone)
For an electronic book (The Assassins of Alamut), skeptical

Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our
obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come
from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. [Carl Sagan]