Re: Galeon

Michael Montz <mmontz3@home.com> writes:

> I've been setting up plugins and helper apps for Galeon and am having a
> problem with xmms. Clicking on a link results in opening a load file
> window usually pointed to /tmp with some foo.m3u files listed rather
> than parsing the mpegurl to xmms.  Clicking on one of them will start
> the stream

I believe there's an option in the "open file with" dialog that lets you
specify for the browser to parse the URL instead of the helper app.
IIRC to do this you choose open with helper app and then don't choose
the "Gnome helper app" but rather the user specified app. Under this
there should be a check box with this option.
At least that's the way I made xmms stop showing me a load file
window...

HTH