Re: Printing problems

Adam Majer, 2002-Jan-12 15:59 -0600:
> apt-get install groff
>
> Then you can format to ps...
>

> But first try something like
>
> echo "test" > /dev/dsp
>
> Do you still get error with printing?
> If yes, do you have printer compiled
> in the kernel?
>
> - Adam

I'm confused...I thought /dev/dsp was a sound device.

And yes, the kernel is setup right.  I posted the config in my
original post.  I sure it's right because this was working not
too long ago.

I tried:

echo "test" > /dev/lp0

and it printed the word "test".

I then install groff and tried printing with magicfilter printcap
and it printed "unknown device: pc13".  I then changed to the
printcap you suggested earlier and tried to print with lpr and
got nothing to the printer, and lpq showed the job in error.

thanks for you help...jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer
Diggin' Debian		Admin and User