Re: Hardware Question

On Sat, 12 Jan 2002 13:52:38 -0500
"Jeff Flowers" <jeff@jeffreyf.net> wrote:
> Does Debian support the SB512PCI? This is the same chipset
> as the SBLive! cards, an EMU. If so, how do you do it.

Yup, fully supported. I know absolutely positively that Debian Potato
2.2r4 supports it, and previous versions probably do as well.

In the module configuration stage of the installation, you can select
the "emu10k1" module. If you don't do it in the installation, adding it
to /etc/modules will do just as well.

After the module is loaded(check with 'lsmod'), then sound should be
functional, as far as any kernel/driver issues are concerned. You should
also 'adduser <your regular user> audio' so that your user can access
the audio devices. On my system, for instance, it would be 'adduser
david audio'.

Enjoy.

--
/    David Barclay Harris            Aut agere, aut mori.      \