printer sharing problem

Greetings all,

I have a very interestting problem. I am trying to connect to HP DeskJet 400 from RedHat system (my Debian box is connected to this other computer via ethernet connection). Printer is connected (parallel connection) to my Debian box and of course works fine. Samba connection to the same machine (from WindowsME) works OK on the same printer.  I have done everything according to Printing-Howto including that hosts.lpd file (same logic as for /etc/hosts). I was using printtool to configure printer (remote queue), but when it comes to printing, first of all: nothing prints (disappointment) and secondly: when I issue lpq command I get the message that my host is not connected to line printer.
ie,

[davor@localhost davor]$ lpq
Printer: lp@localhost (dest lp@debian)
Queue: 1 printable job
Server: pid 2661 active
Unspooler: pid 2664 active
Rank   Owner/ID                    Class Job Files                Size Time
active(attempt-2) davor@localhost+660 A 660 davor.txt               6 03:02:23
 debian: /usr/sbin/lpd: lp: Your host does not have line printer access

/etc/printcap seems OK (created by printtool) and according to recommendations from the literature.

##PRINTTOOL3## REMOTE
lp:\
         :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
         :mx#0:\
         :rm=debian:\
         :rp=lp:\
         :lpd_bounce=true:

RedHat uses LPRng system (this should be compatible to my LPR system on Debian potato). At least that is what info says...

I printed several files just for test after logging into my Debian machine and all is OK... so, printer works...

What could be wrong?

I have exhausted my resources... can anybody enlighten me on what I may have overlooked?

Take care,

Davor