Re: Debian on Lindows ?

On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 12:13:55AM -0500, Alec wrote:
> Joris, you want to switch to a proprietary platform just to get your scanner
> to work?! I understand that Lindows will cost $99 (I'm not sure what they are
> going to do about GPL in their code) Firstly, Lindows is likely to be killed

They _have_ to release their code free if they are selling their
program... AFAiK, there is no problem if they sell GPL program
but they have to allow access to source free.

IMHO, if they don't, Free Software Foundation should sue them for
breaking the license - heck, using the stupid Millinium Copyright
Act!!! :-0 That would be nice for a change.

BUT, on their site it says:

"
 Lindows.com Licensing Information

Lindows.com respects all applicable licensing and is proud to be
a strong supporter of the Open Source community by helping to
advance several Open Source initiatives. Coming soon to this page
will be information, links and resources for obtaining source
code and licensing information for any applicable software. "

- Adam