Re: Is anyone using woody in a production environment?

also sprach Brooks R. Robinson <brooks.robinson@rides.com> [2002.01.11.1700 +0100]:
> | 3) We build the Debian packages from testing on stable.
>
> IMO not a good idea... dependencies, dependencies, dependencies.
> You'll end up basically upgrading to woody anyway, just do it to start
> with.

disagreed. do you have an example?

for instance, back in the days when i still deployed potato, i installed
OpenSSH 2.9pl2 from a custom package. sure, it needed a newer openssl
and a newer libssl0.9.6, but that was it. you don't end up upgrading to
woody...

la lune, c'est comme les canards
il faut aimer caresser les chats
pour avoir envie d'y aller.