Re: xdm

On Fri, 11 Jan 2002 19:01:55 +0100
Nike <nicolist@freesurf.ch> wrote:
> How can I change the default desktop manager (for now it's Gnome)
> started by a remote xdm session to my debian box.

Edit ~/.xsession on the box that you're logging in to. It's a shell
script; it doesn't need to be executable. Make sure that the last
command doesn't exit. It should be a session manager(like gnome-session)
or a window manager or *something* that you won't quite until you log
out.

Indeed, when you do quiet that last program, it ends your X session.

--
/    David Barclay Harris            Aut agere, aut mori.      \