Re: linuxconf can not work

On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 11:11:25AM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:

| On Friday 11 January 2002 10:05 am, dman wrote:
| > On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 05:27:52PM +0800, wang wrote:
| [snip]
| > and throw linuxconf away.  It's for RedHat systems, not Debian, and
| > likely won't do any good on a Debian system.  Instead use $EDITOR for
| > configuration and RTFM to see how to configure things, and where.
| > Don't forget to ask the list if you can't figure it out on your own.
|
| What are the ramifications of removing linuxconf?  Woody installed
| it by default...

Why would woody install it by default?  I've installed woody (well,
potato base then dist-upgrade) and it didn't try to install it.

Do
    apt-get -s remove --purge linuxconf
to see what apt will do if you try to remove it.

-D

--

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you
rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and