Re: gphoto2 with USB digital camera problem

Robert A. French wrote:

> Using a standalone reader for whatever media your camera uses (eg
> CompactFlash) is one option...

Yes, I've been reading up on that this morning. Looks like the SanDisk
SDDR-31 CF reader would work well, and it's not expensive. Then I
wouldn't even need gphoto -- just mount the card as a filesystem.
Assuming, of course, that my camera uses a filesystem that Linux
understands. Most cameras, it seems, use an MS-DOS-like FAT12 fs, which
should work fine. But I don't know if that's universal.