RE: Is anyone using woody in a production environment?

I am using woody as a postgresql server in production.  I wanted version 7
and testing is *mostly* safe if you don't go hog wild installing packages.
I haven't had too many problems.

| 2) We upgrade to testing.
|
| Is it safe? <image of Marathon Man>. Who is running production servers
| on testing? what if any issues have arisen?

I'm actually running 2 out of 6 boxes on testing (4 production, 2
playground).  Other than the expected X configuration problems and a few
ill-timed keystrokes, I am doing fine.  I have not gone to a 2.4 kernel in
production but I am comfortably running 2.2.20.  For the production machine
I started with a clean install of potato and went straight to woody.  Less
problems than a configured system upgrade.

| 3) We build the Debian packages from testing on stable.

IMO not a good idea... dependencies, dependencies, dependencies.  You'll end
up basically upgrading to woody anyway, just do it to start with.

Hope this helps,

Brooks

Brooks R. Robinson
ERP Systems Administrator/Accounting Manager
Chance Industries, Inc.
4219 Irving
Wichita, Kansas  67207
Work:	(316)945-6555x2632