Re: Is anyone using woody in a production environment?

On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 02:32:49AM -0500, Roderick Cummings wrote:

| >> Is there a safe and stable way to build/install woody packages onto a
| >> potato system other than to dist-upgrade to woody?
| >
| >what's from with dist-upgrade?
|
| Only that the new 2.4 kernel-image wont mount my root partition:
|
| request_module[block-major-3]: Root fs not mounted
| VFS: Cannot open root device "303" or 03:03
| Please append a correct "root=" boot option
| Kernenl Panic: VFS Unable to mount root fs on 03:03
|
| Even though lilo.conf specifies the correct root= option, and fstab is
| correct as well.

Did you load the initrd so that the kernel can get the driver for your
disk controller and root filesystem?

-D

--

In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have
told you.  I am going there to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and