Re: Debian on Lindows ?

On Friday 11 January 2002 11:05 am,  wrote:
> Hello Debianites,
>
> Personally i've grown attached to the Debian way of doing things (cfr.
> prev. mail) yet am still stuck with a windows-only scanner.
>
> I was wondering if anyone can tell me about the possibility to get the
> Debian/Gnu Linux-style to work on a to-be-installed Lindows system.
>
> Lindows itself seems to be a very specific distribution wich requires a
> complete reinstall. Dunno if re-partitioning is required but i don't want
> to have to start learning non-Debian Linux configuration. I'll learn that
> if the need really does require it ;)
>
> Regards,
>
> Joris

Joris, you want to switch to a proprietary platform just to get your scanner
to work?! I understand that Lindows will cost $99 (I'm not sure what they are
going to do about GPL in their code) Firstly, Lindows is likely to be killed
to MS or the market. Secondly, scanners cost less. Thirdly, I would value
computing freedom a bit more than the price of a typical scanner.

Alec