X Configuration in Woody

Hi all,

I'm trying to get a dist-upgraded woody system to run X correctly.
I've read through a previous thread about running dpkg-reconfigure
xserver-xfree86, but I still seem to be having a few problems. First,
my monitor is being driven at resolutions I know will burn it up, but
when configuring X, I selected to have a more modest 1152x864 at 16
bit color. However X is running at something like 1400x1050 (something
really strange).

I think I'll stick with this one problem for now, as it's the one that
concerns me the most.

Is this info stored anywhere else, because none of my modelines have a
setting that high in my XF86Config-4 file.

I've been poking around in the docs, but am not making much headway.

Any help will be greatly appreciated...
--
  Mark Wagnon <mark_wagnon@yahoo.com>