Re: Yow, Madduck!

also sprach dman <dsh8290@rit.edu> [2002.01.11.0342 +0100]:
> 220 dman.ddts.net ESMTP Exim 3.33 #1 Thu, 10 Jan 2002 21:29:31 -0500
> HELO <my host name>
> 250 dman.ddts.net Hello dman at dman.ddts.net [127.0.0.1]
> MAIL FROM: dsh8290@rit.edu
> 250 <dsh8290@rit.edu> is syntactically correct
> RCPT TO: <maddduck@madduck.net>
> 250 <maddduck@madduck.net> is syntactically correct
> DATA
> 354 Enter message, ending with "." on a line by itself
> From: dman <dsh8290@rit.edu>
> Subject: this is an email :-)
> Date: yeah, yeah
>
> this is the message body
> .
> 250 OK id=16OrSl-0001HR-00
> QUIT
> 221 dman.ddts.net closing connection
> Connection closed by foreign host.

shouldn't i have gotten that message? or did you tweak Exim temporarily
to not deliver it?

> I did this via telnet (but sent the message to myself, and rewrote the
> addresses above).

aaaah!

> The mail message is between "DATA" and ".".  The
> error you got is from HELO (or EHLO if you're using ESMTP as described
> by RFC2821).
[omit rest of this excellent reply]

dman and others, please consider my reply as invalid. it's funny that i
wrote it before reading dman's post, and that we basically both say
exactly the same things, but dman's is so much more articulate and
researched. <bow>

dman: do we actually have lives of our own, or do we live for
debian-*@lists.debian.org? i kinda do these days :)
it's fun though!

wind catches lily,
scattering petals to the ground.