Re: any good LaTeX books/docs recommended to beginners?

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 09:32:41PM +0100, Paul Huygen wrote:
> Andrew Nesbit <andrew.nesbit@csiro.au> wrote (about suitable kooks for
> LaTex):
> > the Lamport one is a bit terse (more like an overview/reference)
> Well, I must say, that I couldn't disagree more. I think that the
> Lamport book is very well written, with amusing texts in the examples,
> about gnus, gnats and armadillo's. I wish that more handbooks were
> written like the Lamport book. When I started with LaTeX long ago,
> I read the first three chapters, and could then easily start. The book
> seems terse because it is concise, but it is the conciseness that
> helps you to make a quick start.

A Guide to LaTeX2e by Helmut Kopka and Patrick W Daly is the book i
chose over lamport's book.  it seemed to be packed with much more
information, and it got me through all my papers in college.  (you
didn't think i'd use a wordprocessor, did you?)

--
| glynis@hjsoft.com         http://www.hjsoft.com/~glynis/ |