[impossible?] libc6 upgrade/install issue

Hi,

Recently i ran into quite a lot of trouble with my Debian Gnu/Linux system. I can't exactly recall what triggered the mayhem but i think it had something to do with setting up an unstable entry in sources.list

After correcting this i found a number of stable-packages to be in the obsolote packages list. While trying to resolve this i decided it was time to clean up my installation wich was more like a result of trial-and-error install then an actual planned installation. So i removed EVERYTHING except for the base system. There were some perl/netbase/libc6/libc6-dev issues but i managed to get around this using dselect dpk apt as needed ...

Now i'm stuck with netbase and libc6 (rpcinfo), and it looks really-really ugly. To date i've not been able to get around this issue.

Basically when installing the netbase package there is an error message while unpacking the package. rpcinfo is to be overwritten but it's also part of the libc6 package ... something Broken Pipe ... and then it aborts.

No way around it. I think i've tried about everything one can do with dpkg while still being carefull. Can someone please, please help me out :) I'm pretty sure this can be fixed by (grmbl) reinstalling my system but i'm not that kind of guy <grin> yet.

Kind Regards,

Joris