Re: X too big; login double; fetchmail kaputt

Earlier Martin said regarding configuring X :

| not really. maybe i am misremembering. but it's highly prefered over
| editing XF86Config by hand. unless you want to read the manpages,
| web, and spend some time to get it working. it *is* possible, they
| say...

I'll say it's possible :-).  It's the only way I got my display to
work at the resolution I wanted.  Well, that was before I switched to
framebuffer.  Then the config is trivial!

On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 01:20:05AM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:

| then again, why would 4.x be reading the XF86Config file? it has
| XF86Config-4 to worry.

If there is no -4 file it looks for the "regular" name.  This is nice
for those running only X4 since the name stays consistent with what
they are familiar with, etc.  The purpose of the new name is to allow
side-by-side installs of both v4 and v3 X servers.

-D

--

One man gives freely, yet gains even more;
another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty.