Re: Debian Vs RedHat

also sprach Stuart Krivis <ipswitch@apk.net> [2002.01.11.0121 +0100]:
> I've never felt RPM was as good as DEB. RPM-based distros just don't seem
> to be as maintainable over the long haul.

which i attribute to the FHS-accordance of Debian. really.

> Personally, I have issues with a binary-based distribution. I am
> enamored of the *BSD ports system and buildworld. :-)

they have their advantages, but also disadvantages. installation takes
way longer... and aside, what arguments do you have against binary-based
distributions?

"security here. yes, ma'am. yes. groucho glasses. yes, we're on it.
c'mon, guys. somebody gave an aardvark a nose-cut: somebody who
can't deal with deconstructionist humor. code blue."
                      -- http://azure.humbug.org.au/~aj/armadillos.txt