Re: Debian Vs RedHat

--On Friday, January 11, 2002 00:19:57 +0100 martin f krafft <madduck@madduck.net> wrote:

also sprach Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> [2002.01.10.1834 +0100]:
Does the RPM build process have an equivalent of dpkg-shlibdeps?

only since recently... but in general, RPM and DEB are really
functionally equivalent. RPM *is* a good packaging system, it's other
things which make .rpm based systems suck (read my next post).

I've never felt RPM was as good as DEB. RPM-based distros just don't seem to be as maintainable over the long haul.

Personally, I have issues with a binary-based distribution. I am enamored of the *BSD ports system and buildworld. :-)