cvs no space left on device

Hi,

This is not really a debian question, but I'll ask anyway. I ran out
of disk space while retriving files with cvs. Since then I've freed up
2.5 Gigs worth of space, but cvs still says no space left on device. I
have only one e2fs partition mounted as root, and it has only about
20% of it's inodes used up.

The entire response from cvs will be like:

can't create temporary directory /tmp/cvs-serv13460
No space left on device

Do you have any idea what the solution to this problem could be?

Kendall