Re: RFC: Beginner's vim tutorial

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 02:35:44PM -0500, Jesse Goerz wrote:
> I just wrote a beginner's vim tutorial over at
> http://newbiedoc.sourceforge.net/text_editing/vim.html
>
> I would appreciate it if the vim guru's would take a look at it
> and let me know if I've made any errors or have any suggestions.

You probably should mention the user manual that was added to Vim 6.0.
This is an excerpt from version6.txt:

The user manual has been added.  It is organised around editing tasks.  It
reads like a book, from start to end.  It should allow beginners to start
learning Vim.  It helps everybody to learn using the most useful Vim features.
It is much easier to read than the reference manual, but omits details.  See
|user-manual|.

Peter De Wachter