strange behavior, comments

I am certain you all have enough to do, and strangely I do not need any help, I have been able to resolve most of my problems with the debian woody, and am very happy, i have used slak for 5 years prior

after a power bump gdm stopped working and all the permisions on its directory where altered, also the permisions on /tmp where changed - i am surprised there is no check on this during the initialization scripts as many programs depend on /tmp folder, and even as an experieced user it took some time for me to track this down, as i have never seen it before

i also had to alter gdm config file - pass wmaker as a param to Xsession, not difficult for me, but i have been eveasdropping on this list, and it seems gdm configuration is a major spot for docucumentation improvement

also, though i am sure many of you have sworn off netscape, i have not, i find Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:0.9.4) Gecko/20011126 Netscape6/6.2.1 works extreemly well on woody, it should be noted that i had to download older stc++ lib and create a symbolic link to it
( other programs i use also depend on this stdc++ lib, such as imici )

as has been reported, cdrecord is not working, simply downloading the source and compiling it locally is the fix - some people suspected permissions, which is not the case

anyway - i am totally impressed

thanks
darrell dupas