Re: md resync vs. swap (was Re: Swap not starting)

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 11:13:11AM -0500, Mike Dresser wrote:
> Something in the back of my mind says it's to do with having a swap
> file/partition on the raid volume, that that is a bad thing while it is
> syncing it.
>
> I don't remember exactly though.

I suppose that could lead to some nasty recursion if it had to swap
while resyncing the swap device...

If that's the only reason, though, then it seems like it should be safe
to activate non-md swap devices without any concern for what the md
subsystem is up to.

Anyone know of other reasons why taking that check out and running
swapon unconditionally might be a bad idea?

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss