Installing on PowerMac unsuccessful

Hi,

I'm trying to install Debian 2.2 r3 on my Apple Powerbook 5300cs. I've
got a free fast internet connection, so I'm trying to boot the powerbook
with the rescue floppy provided on the net. But there's one big problem:
The Powerbook refuses to boot from the rescue floppy. The floppy is not
recognized as a bootable floppy disk. I've tried several different
floppies with different images, with always the same result.

I downloaded the first CD and found the boot-disk for macintoshes, which
will boot, but after the screen has shown the linux logo, it freezes.
Anyone got an idea how to work around this problem?

Regards, tobias welti
tobias@vcs.ethz.ch