Re: printing stopped working--any ideas?

I have one of these printers.  The only way I ever got
it working was using gimp-print(?) and CUPS.  lpr and
all of that wouldn't work.  Also with this setup the
quality was awful.  It would only do greyscale.  When I
hooked the same printer to a Win9x computer with the
Canon drivers it printed just fine.  The printer has
since run out of ink and I haven't gotten around to
spending another $35 for ink for the $80 printer.  I had
this working around 4-6 months ago.

-Scott