Re: problem with printer

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 02:19:05PM -0500, Linwood Johnson wrote:
| Have tried several times to clean my Cannon printer and although it
| prints in black and write, it does not print in color. I bought a new
| color cardrige and the color still does not come out right, the red
| shows just a slight strick and the rest is black! Would certainly
| appreciate any advice  before I go through the expense of buying a new
| printer.  (BJC 1000) Thank you .

Isn't that an old printer?  Does yours have the heads as part of the
cartridge (like HPs do) or as part of the printer (like my dad's
BJC-610)?  If it is the former and you've damaged the head, it will
probably be cheapest to just replace the whole thing.  Inkjets are
pretty cheap these days (under $100!).  Even laser printers aren't so
high (last I looked it was $400 for low-end personal-volume printers,
back in '92 when my printer (similar model but not quite as good) was
made it sold for $1200 (I got it used when a local company junked
it)).

-D

--

If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his
cross and follow me.  For whoever wants to save his life will lose it,