Re: OT: Language War (Re: "C" Manual)

On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 03:56:45PM -0600, Richard Cobbe wrote:
| Lo, on Monday, January 7, dman did write:

| > Have you read "The Hobbit"?  Do you remember what Treebeard told Bilbo
| > about his name?
|
| (Actually it was _The Two Towers_, and it was Merry & Pippin, not Bilbo,

Oops.  It's been a long time since I read them.  I'm starting The
Fellowship of the Ring again and saw the movie twice.  Good movie, but
too short!  Read the book, you'll see why.  As I was watching the
movie I kept trying to remember if it was Bilbo or Frodo who met Tom
Bombadil.  Frodo and friends just got to Tom's house where I'm at in
the book now.

| but it's still a good analogy.  <grin>)

Thanks.

-D