Unhappy ntpd

I logged in this morning to discover syslog full of

ntpd[179]: recvfrom() fd=6: Connection refused

entries.  This server is configured to reference four time sources.
Is there any way to determine which one is refusing connections?
(Other than remove one from ntp.conf, wait to see if the errors stop,
put it back and repeat if they don't...)

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss