Re: ntpd does not work

High,

On Wed, 9 Jan 2002, Alvin Oga wrote:

> hi sebastiaan
>
> ntp wont sync if its more than a few minutes off
> 	- each client need to first run "ntpdate -s ntp.chello.nl"

This is a problem: 45 min off

> you'd want to have more than one ntp server... and probably add a peer ntp
> server
>
> maybe your ipchains is blocking ntp traffic ??
>
> what does ntptrace/ntpdate show for any error messages ??
>
> 	ntptrace -dv ntp ( checks /etc/ntp.conf )
>
> 	ntpdate < -v | -q > ntp.your.com

This was a problem. Fixed now.

But still, why does ntpd have four processes (now three)? It is eating
memory (38.9% of 12MB = +/- 4.7 MB).

Thanks very much for the help!!!~
Sebastiaan

--
  NT is the OS of the future. The main engine is the 16-bit Subsystem
  (also called MS-DOS Subsystem). Above that, there is the windoze 95/98