Re: Configuring X on Potato r3 for an on-board Mercury(810) Display

On Wed, 09 Jan 2002 08:00:55 +0530, shyamk wrote:

>I am having problem in
>configuring X on Potato r3 for an on-board Mercury(810) Display.
>I get only 8bpp while Win98 is crystal clear.I am sulking because
>I want to shift completely to Debian , even the pictures.
>As you can guess , the list of drivers does not show anything
>proximate to Mercury or i810.
The i810(e) is not supported in potato.  Per the Intel site, you should
use vga16, then download the module/driver from them.  I have the same
video chip set but have not updated yet, so don't the gotchas if any.  I
have no clue what Debian has.

gt

Yes I fear I am living beyond my mental means--Nash