Re: any good LaTeX books/docs recommended to beginners?

Lamport's _LaTeX: A Document Preparation System_ and _The LaTeX Companion_
are good (the first is more of an introduction, the second a reference
book). Also check out http://www.tug.org/interest.html for links to lots
of good online documentation.

Andrew J Perrin - andrew_perrin@unc.edu - http://www.unc.edu/~aperrin
      269 Hamilton Hall, CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA