Re: Looking for package to manipulate pop3 mailbox index

On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 06:34:07PM -0500, dman wrote:
   > On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 04:59:15PM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
   > |
   > | > Is there a package that would allow me to examine JUST THE HEADERS of
   > | > these mail messages, and allow me to delete chunks at a time? There
   > | > may be a handful of mails in there that I want, but I don't want to
   > | > download 120MB to find out!
   > |
   > | I'm 99.9% sure you can write something in Python.
   >
   > I think 'popsneaker' is the name of one such program.  IIRC there's 2
   > programs (at least one of which is on sourceforge) to delete spam on a
   > POP server after inspecting the headers and before downloading the
   > body.

Try poppy. It does what you want. Have been using it to delete mails on
my dailup system. Very small and efficient. You can find it at

    http://home.sprynet.com/~cbagwell/projects.html

HTH,

--
Sridhar M.A.                         mas@uomphysics.net

One picture is worth more than ten thousand words.
		-- Chinese proverb