Re: X too big; login double; fetchmail kaputt

on Tue, 08 Jan 2002 06:31:48PM -0500, dman insinuated:
> On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 01:54:14PM -0500, Nori Heikkinen wrote:
>
> | 2. when i login to my own machine via ssh, i get the login message
> |    twice.  i didn't know where it is to begin with, and i'm not sure
> |    why it's doubled now.  i'm using zsh.
>
> I don't know what causes this, but I have gotten this with multiple
> clients and platforms when logging in to the Solaris 8 systems at
> school (default shell is csh, but my .cshrc execs bash).  Odd too that
> my home machine just started doing that.

have you upgraded/-dated anything recently that would make it do that?
also, do you know where it's located?  in an account i have that uses
csh, it's just in my .cshrc, but i can't find it anywhere in .zsh*.

while i'm at it, another problem to add to the above laundry list:

when ever i read a manpage, it tells me:

(null:) can't set the locale; make sure $LC_* and $LANG are correct

is this referrint to the lines

LANG="en"
LC_TIME="en_US"

which i haven't touched (manually, that is) since my downloading of
about 125 packages, mostly libraries, to go along with spamassassin?
:)

thanks again,

</nori>

-------------------------http://www.sccs.swarthmore.edu/~nori/jnl/daily.html