Re: R: XFree86 upgrade to 4.1.0

On Tue, 8 Jan 2002 08:21:57 +0100
"Ste" <stemelchior@libero.it> wrote:
> I first downloaded all the file the testing distro requested (included
> the recommended ones) then I tried dpkg -i xxx.deb . I didn't try the
> apt-get method because I would have create a list and so on first.
> I know the apt-get sounds a better way, but I would like to avoid to
> increase the work right now. I also found some package in a
> debian-people site: http://people.debian.org/~cpbotha/ as  David
> Barclay Harris suggested to me. I will try it on a scratch system as
> long as I will find to time to do it!!!

a) It is difficult to read your mails. Really difficult. You might
investigate use of the "enter" key. :)

b) Keep in mind that you can install multiple files with dpkg; put all
the .debs in an empty directory, 'cd' to that directory, then 'dpkg -i
*.deb'. That should avoid most dependency issues in a non-hackey manner.

--
/    David Barclay Harris            Aut agere, aut mori.      \