Lpr printing (Netware)

I'm in a Netware environment and would like to print to a Laserjet 3D
(PCL5) network printer. It works with plain text files,

$ /usr/bin/nprint -S HUMANITIES2 -q GERMAN2_3D -U andreb test.txt

Is it possible to usr lpr+magicfilter for this purpose?

#/etc/printcap
lp|novell|HP LaserJet IIID:\
	:lp=/dev/parallel:sd=/var/spool/lpd/novell:\
	:sh:pw#80:pl#72:px#1440:mx#0:\
	:if=/etc/magicfilter/ljet3-filter:\
	:af=/var/log/lp-acct:lf=/var/log/lp-errs:

"/dev/parallel" would have to be substituted by some sort of pipe to
my nprint command, but I can't figure out how that works.

A. B.                                  andre DOT berger AT web DOT de