postfix dependancies

I was looking at  postfix and decided to give it a go. But when I apt-get
install postfix, it wants to remove exim. So I aborted and did apt-get remove
exim to see what its dependancies were, and it would remove mutt, samba and
leafnode amongst others. So for the time being I'll give postfix a miss, but
lots of people seem to be using it. Does it work alongside mutt leafnode and
samba etc?

tbird2:/var/log# apt-get install postfix
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  postfix-ldap postfix-pcre
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  exim
  postfix postfix-ldap postfix-pcre
0 packages upgraded, 3 newly installed, 1 to remove and 94  not upgraded.
Need to get 777kB of archives. After unpacking 662kB will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n
Abort.
tbird2:/var/log# apt-get remove exim
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  exim leafnode logrotate mailx mutt samba swat
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 7 to remove and 94  not upgraded.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 13.4MB will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n
Abort.