buffer overflow in pdflatex!?

This morning when I ran pdflatex on a latex document it ended in

(/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/supp-pdf.tex
Error: pdflatex: buffer overflow

I have used Latex for many years now and can't remember that I have seen
this before.

Is this a bug or a configuration issue?  I remember Tetex was upgraded
recently during a dist-upgrade (woody) and wonder whether it has
something to do with this message.

Regards.

Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Refrain from anger, and turn from wrath; do not fret-
      it leads only to evil."            Psalms 37:8