Da: Kurc, Marcin A. [mailto:makurc@cooperstandard.com]
Inviato: Monday, January 07, 2002 7:03 PM
A: 'stefao melchior'
Oggetto: RE: XFree86 upgrade to 4.1.0

how did you do it? apt-get or dpkg -i?

Marcin Kurc
CAD Systems Administrator
Cooper-Standard Automotive

-----Original Message-----
From: stefao melchior [mailto:zarrus_abbestia@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2002 12:29 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Cc: zarrus_abbestia@hotmail.com
Subject: XFree86 upgrade to 4.1.0

Hi guy,
I am running debian2.2r4 with xfree86 3.3.6 on my laptop: I have tried to
upgrade the x-system to the more recent 4.1.0 release, got from the woody
release. I downloaded all the packets (.deb) from the debian's site and when

I try to install xlibs it requests automatically the debconf package. I
provide it to the previous package and it consequently ask me to upgrade
perl from previously installed 5.004 version to 5.6. The system didn't allow

the perl upgrade because it could't deinstall-remove, in fact it is a
mandatory package!
I was wondering if any of you can help me suggesting how to upgrade perl
from 5.004 to 5.6.
Thanxs in advance
Ste