Re: X not working after upgrade [solved]

On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 06:25:47AM +0530, Sridhar M.A. wrote:
   > Hi,
   >
   > Currently I am tracking woody daily. After yesterday's upgrade, my X no
   > longer works. When I type starts, it just aborts.  It mentions something
   > about the module mga_drv.o.  I tried recreating the XF86Config-4 file,
   > but to no avail. Has anybody faced a similar problem?
   >
   > I have quoted part of the output below:

   > Symbol XAA_888_plus_PICT_a8_to_8888 from module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/mga_drv.o is unresolved!
   > Symbol fbPictureInit from module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/mga_drv.o is unresolved!
   >
   > Fatal server error:
   > Caught signal 11.  Server aborting

Sorry to reply to my own mail. Nosed around and found that this problem
was due to the drivers from matrox. Replacing that solved the problem.

--
Sridhar M.A.                         mas@uomphysics.net

The state of some commercial Un*x is more unsecure than any Linux box
without a root password...
	-- Bernd Eckenfels