cdrecord corrupts last part of every ISO burned

In various comments the author of cdrecord blames some kernel
read-ahead bug for cdrecord damaging the last few files on any ISO
that you burn.  I just want to know if anyone else has either seen
this problem or fixed it?

Every image I burn is useless, not to mention that if I tell cdrecord
to do a fast blank instead of a full one then it destroys the cdrw
disc to the point that no other blanking process in Linux or windows
will work.

I have debian potato with a recompiled kernel for SCSI-emulation with
my ATAPI cdrw.