Re: OT: Asian spam procmail recipies and a sig trap

on Sat, Jan 05, 2002 at 12:26:21AM -0800, Osamu Aoki (debian@aokiconsulting.com) wrote:
> 2 comments:
>
> #1. 7-bit asian coding
> Does this really catch CJKV(Chinese-Japanese-Korean-Vetonamese) Spams in
> all coding schemes.  It looked like unless coding schime uses high bit
> characters, it does not seem to catch coding scheme like 7-bit JIS
> which comes with a lot of ESC codes.  They should have something like
>
> * 60^1 [Escape code]  # not exactly a script but hope get you my point
>
> #2. Spanish spam
> I get many spanish spam from south america.  Any good filter for this?

No good fix.  I've just added a bunch of '^Received: From' signatures to
my filter list.  This includes hosts and FQDNs (former reduced to first
three quads, latter reduced to net.dom) for which I've receive spam
signatures in the past.  I double-filter this through my whitelist, so
if I've OK'd a sender, they'll get through.  But otherwise, if your ISP
/ Company / Netblock / Country is primarially a spamhaus, you're going
to have to try a bit to get yourself connectivity.  I'm headed to a
default deny email policy on any indication of spam.

Peace.

We freed Dmitry! Boycott Adobe! Repeal the DMCA! http://www.freesklyarov.org