Re: Framebuffer or....not to Framebuffer

On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 12:21:03PM -0500, David B Harris wrote:
| On Mon, 7 Jan 2002 11:19:39 -0500
| David B Harris <eelf@sympatico.ca> wrote:
| > You don't want to tell XFree to do that, though, trust me. But there
|
| Bah, just to clear something up; I mean you don't want XFree to eschew
| its own drivers and use the kernel framebuffer instead.

Supposedly  (at least for some cards) you can tell X to use fb for
normal stuff and go straight to the hardware for accelerated stuff,
but it didn't work for me.

It should also work well (I expect) if you do have an accelerated fb
and tell X to use fb.

-D

--

In his heart a man plans his course,