Re: fancy MDA sought

On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 06:29:31PM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
| also sprach dman <dsh8290@rit.edu> [2002.01.07.1756 +0100]:
| > I really like exim's filter capabilities, but it won't play so nicely
| > with postfix installed too.  If you really want, I can give you tips
| > on installing exim to act solely as an MDA and not as the system MTA
| > even though it isn't intended to be used that way (and it's like
| > cracking a nut with a sledgehammer).  (I did this at school so I could
| > try out exim's filters)
|
| i was thinking about it already, but this is overkill, and apt wouldn't
| install exim alongside postfix anyway. thanks for your suggestion
| though.

Yeah, apt won't stick it there, you (or I) would have to compile it
separately.  Possibly I could just send you the binary from the
package, but when I did it at school I configured it to use my UID/GID
as the "mail" UID/GID.  The only other thing that is needed is
the right exim.conf (I've go that too :-)).

-D

--

(E)ventually (M)alloc()s (A)ll (C)omputer (S)torage