XFree86 upgrade to 4.1.0

Hi guy,
I am running debian2.2r4 with xfree86 3.3.6 on my laptop: I have tried to upgrade the x-system to the more recent 4.1.0 release, got from the woody release. I downloaded all the packets (.deb) from the debian's site and when I try to install xlibs it requests automatically the debconf package. I provide it to the previous package and it consequently ask me to upgrade perl from previously installed 5.004 version to 5.6. The system didn't allow the perl upgrade because it could't deinstall-remove, in fact it is a mandatory package! I was wondering if any of you can help me suggesting how to upgrade perl from 5.004 to 5.6.
Thanxs in advance
Ste

MSN Photos è il metodo più semplice per condividere e stampare le tue foto: http://photos.msn.it/Support/WorldWide.aspx