Re: fancy MDA sought

On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 11:36:26AM +0100, Thorsten Haude wrote:
> I may be wrong, but wouldn't this break some expectations? I know only
> of MDAs that are called via ~/.forward, so there's no point in parsing
> it.
> What am I missing here?

Although it's not the most common configuration, ISTR that sendmail
can be set up to perform all deliveries via procmail (or insert-your-
favorite-alternative-MDA-here) by default, in which case it looks
immediately for a .procmailrc without using .forward at all.

But I don't know anything about that capability other than that it is
rumored to exist (all the boxes I set up use exim, not sendmail), so I
could be completely wrong.

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss