Gnome stops

Hallo debian-user,

  I have a strange problem with my Gnome Desktop (Xfree 4.1 on woody
  3.0.17).
  When I log on, I can use my mouse without any problems. But after a
  few minutes it stops. First I thought that my mouse isn't working
  correct. But then I found out, that the whole desktop stops [1].

  This stop lasts sometimes only 1-2 seconds and then I can use my mouse
  for some minutes before it stops again. Sometimes it lasts longer or
  Gnome stops and only <Ctrl>-<Alt>-<Del> helps.

  Where can I find out where the problem is? Do you have any hints for
  solving that problem?

  I have a Logitech Cordless iTouch Keyboard with IR-Scroll mouse.

Fußnoten:
=========
[1] I   pressed a button and it kept pressed down for while.
--
Best regards,
 Jens                          mailto:kubieziel@gmx.de