RE: Need Help to Program Text Draw Utility

> But it seems that there is no Linux-utility to draw simple
> ascii-figures (lines, text, rectangles, circles) with
> cut/copy/paste-capacity in textmode.

Hi - thanks for all comments and hints

* I heard of Emacs in ascii-art mode, but I don't want/use Emacs
(nano is my favorite editor)
* As I am a new (textbased) user of Linux (and don't have the
knowledge of dman, Karsten & Co.) I am not familiar with
programming, libraries, converters - I can handle .deb-packages
or binaries only (sorry for my DOS-orientation)
* To give you a feeling what kind of utility I am searching for
I can send you the DOS-program 'textdraw' (I don't want to post
it to the whole list)

Greetings
Dieter